WRRM’s “password to paradise” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained by contacting radio station WRRM-FM (“Station”),4805 Montgomery Rd, #300, Cincinnati, OH 45212, during available business hours Monday through Friday, on the Station website www.warm985.com, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the Warm 98.5’s “Password to Paradise” Contest(the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each entrant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents of the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, excluding Florida and New York residents, age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number, who have not won a prize from the Station valued at $500 or more in the last ninety (90) days and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station valued at $500 or more in the last ninety (90) days.Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Station, Susquehanna Radio LLC, and each of their parent companies, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period. The Contest entry period will begin at 12:01 a.m. ET on May 2, 2022 and will run through 11:59 p.m. ET on May 12, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. How to Enter. There are TWO (2) ways to enter:
On-Air: Listen to the Station weekdays at or around 8:05 a.m. ET from Monday, May 2, 2022 through Thursday, May 12, 2022 for Station to announce that day’s “Password to Paradise” password. At or around 5:05 p.m. ET weekdays from Monday, May 2, 2022, through Thursday, May 12, 2022, when Station gives the “cue to call” to provide the “Password to Paradise” password, listeners should call the Station at 513-839-9898. Caller nine (9) to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be asked to give that day’s Password to Paradise” password. If the caller correctly gives the password, as determined by Station in its sole discretion, the caller will be entered for a chance to win the Grand Prize (as defined below). If the caller does not correctly give the password, the caller is disqualified, and Station will take callers until a caller provides the correct password. All entries may be played on the air. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
Online: Visit the Station’s website www.warm985.com during the Contest Period, click on the “Contest” link, click on the “Password to Paradise” Contest link, and complete an entry form, including that day’s password. All entries must be received by 11:59p.m. ET on May 12, 2022,to be eligible for a chance to win Grand Prize. Limit one (1) entry per person per day, regardless of how many email addresses a person may possess and use. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
4. Winner Selection. On or about 8:05 a.m. ET on Friday, May 6, 2022 and Friday, May 13, 2022 (each a “Selection Day”) Station will select four (4) potential winners in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station during the Contest Period as of the date and time on that Selection Day. The first potential winning entrant will be announced on-air and will have Nine Minutes and Eighty-Five Seconds (10:25) to contact the Station at (513) 839-9898. If the selected entrant contacts the Station within the allotted timeframe, the selected entrant will win the Grand Prize. If the selected entrant does not contact Station during the allotted timeframe, the selected entrant will be disqualified and another potential winning entrant will be selected, announced on-air and given the same allotted timeframe Nine Minutes and Eighty-Five Seconds (10:25) to contact the Station. The winning entrant who contacts the Station within the allotted timeframe may be awarded the prize subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules. Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial on-air announcement within Nine Minutes and Eighty-Five Seconds or failure to claim the prize within three (3) days of verification as a winner will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
Each entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification or failure to claim the prize within three (3) days of verification as a winner will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
5. Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) to claim the prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
6. Grand Prizes.
Up to two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded in this Contest. It is possible that zero (0) Grand Prizes will be awarded in this Contest. Each winner will receive:
One (1) trip for two (2) people (the winner and a guest) to their choice of one (1) out of sixteen (16) participating Sandals resorts, to include: round-trip coach airfare for winner and one guest valid to/from the nearest major U.S. gateway to resort’s designated airport; three (3) nights single-room, double-occupancy hotel accommodations at the Sandals resort in the Caribbean selected by winner; all-inclusive food and beverage, daily & nightly entertainment, land and water sports, including daily SCUBA diving (for certified divers only), snorkeling, Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, resort gratuities, resort taxes, and Sandals transfers to and from the resort’s designated airport.
Car rental, personal charges, incidental, telephone calls, Premium Wi-Fi, spa treatments and services, specialty dining, tours & excursions, inter-island transportation, SCUBA certification courses, room services, meals outside of the selected and/or designated resort, island departure taxes, purchases made at the Sandals Specialty Shops, baggage fees and customs duties are not included.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is Three Thousand Four Hundred Sixty Dollars ($3,460).
TOTAL ARV OF ALL CONTEST PRIZES IS: SIX THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED TWENTY DOLLARS ($6,920).
For entry or exit from resort, each winner MAY be required to show valid proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and/or valid proof of a negative test for the COVID-19 virus within 72 hours (or such other time as the trip organizers require) prior to the event.
The actual retail value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on the point of departure, travel itinerary, airfare fluctuations at the time of awarding/booking, and/or accommodations. Any difference between the above stated ARV and the actual retail value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. Winner will be informed of the Actual Retail Value at the time the Grand Prize is redeemed. Winner acknowledges that s/he will be provided a 1099 on the actual retail value. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
Should a Winner be unable to travel for any reason, Winner immediately forfeits the Grand Prize, and at that time, Station may select an alternate winner in its sole and exclusive discretion and in compliance with these Contest Rules.
Trip must be taken between May 14, 2022 and April 30, 2023 (subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel dates to be mutually agreed upon by winner and Prize Sponsor.Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary.Winner’s guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of winner’s prize with no guest, the prize will be awarded to winner, and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein in the Station’s sole discretion.
If any prize or a portion of any prize is postponed, cancelled, or otherwise unavailable due to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Station or any Sponsor, then no substitution shall be provided. Station and any Sponsors make no representation or warranty about the safety of any prize. By accepting and using a prize, each winner acknowledges and assumes all risks of accepting and using the prize, and any other risks associated with the prize.
7. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station and Sponsor(s), which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Sponsor(s), Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc., and each of their affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a entrant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
8. Publicity. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, entry, and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
9. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, Sponsor(s), entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
14. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Susquehanna Radio LLC, WRRM-FM, 4805 Montgomery Road, #300, Cincinnati, OH 45212.
PRIZE SPONSORS: Clear Result Marketing d/b/a JAWW Media + Marketing, 2470 N.E. 23rd St. Pompano Beach FL 33062; Unique Vacations Inc., 4950 SW 72nd Avenue, Miami, Florida 33155