A complete copy of these rules can be obtained by contacting radio station WRRM (“Station”), 4805 Montgomery Road, Suite 300, Cincinnati, OH 45212, during available business hours Monday through Friday, on the Station website www.warm985.com, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the Warm 98.5’s “Jim and Amanda’s Football Friday” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each entrant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents of the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, excluding Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number, who have not won a prize from the Station valued at $500 or more in the last ninety (90) days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station valued at $500 or more in the last ninety (90) days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Station, Susquehanna Radio LLC, and each of their parent companies, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest entry period will begin at 12:01 a.m. ET on Friday, August 20, 2021 and will run through 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, October 19, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. There is ONE (1) way to enter:
Online: Visit the Station’s website www.warm985.com during the Contest Period, click on the “Contest” link, click on the “Jim and Amanda’s Football Friday” Contest link, and complete an entry form, which includes nominating a local high school cheerleading squad. All entries must be received by 11:59 a.m. ET on Tuesday, October 19, 2021 to be eligible to participate in the Contest for a chance to win the Grand Prize. Limit one (1) entry per person per day, regardless of how many email addresses a person may possess and use. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Winner Selection. Up to NINE (9) high school cheer squads (each a “Cheer Squad”) will be chosen at random to participate. Each week during Contest Period, Station will select one (1) entry at random for participation in the Contest from all valid entries that have entered as of the date and time of that drawing. On or about 12:01 p.m. ET each Tuesday beginning on August 24, 2021, that week’s Cheer Squad will be chosen. That Cheer Squad will win a Prize (as defined below) and be invited to appear on air with Jim and Amanda or have their pre-taped audio cheer featured on a Friday from approximately 8:00 a.m. ET to 8:40 a.m. ET the morning of August 27, 2021; September 3, 2021; September 10, 2021; September 17, 2021; September 24, 2021; October 1, 2021; October 8, 2021; October 15, 2021; or October 22, 2021. Selected Cheer Squads will perform a cheer that includes “Jim and Amanda’ and “Warm 98.5.” Should a Cheer Squad not be able to attend on the Friday that they are assigned, for any reason, then the Cheer Squad forfeits their right and is no longer eligible to continue in the Contest.
After each Cheer Squad performs, their video will be posted that day at www.warm985.com and the Station’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/warm98 and listeners will be encouraged to vote by text at 513-818-2985. Text voting will be open from at 8:40 a.m. ET until 11:59 p.m. ET on the Friday the team(s) is/are in studio (August 27, 2021; September 3, 2021; September 10, 2021; September 17, 2021; September 24, 2021; October 1, 2021; October 8, 2021; October 15, 2021; October 22, 2021). The final Cheer Squad text voting period ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, October 22, 2021. At 12:01 a.m. ET on Saturday, October 23, 2021 voting will be open for ALL teams at www.warm985.com, and run through 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 27, 2021. The Cheer Squad with the highest cumulative online and text vote totals will be determined to be the Winner and eligible to win the Grand Prize. Winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) to claim the prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- NINE (9) Prizes will be awarded in this Contest. Each winner will receive:
(a) ONE (1) One Hundred Dollar ($100) gift card to Wendy’s restaurants.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
Grand Prize. ONE (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize winner receives:
- a donation to their school of One Thousand Ninety Eight Dollars ($1,098) in the form of pre-paid Visa gift cards;
The ARV of Grand Prize is ONE THOUSAND NINETY EIGHT DOLLARS ($1,098).
TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST IS ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED NINETY-EIGHT DOLLARS ($1,998).
Prize and Grand Prize recipient must be the Cheer Squad coach/advisor, or school’s Athletic Director. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a Prize or the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
The gift card Prizes will be given to the person who submitted the entry. It is the responsibility of the person who submitted the entry to decide how and in what amounts to divide, or not divide, the gift card Prize. Station will not be responsible for deciding or mediating any dispute over the Prize between squad members.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
If any prize or a portion of any prize is postponed, cancelled, or otherwise unavailable due to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Station or any Sponsor, then no substitution shall be provided. Station and any Sponsors make no representation or warranty about the safety of any prize. By accepting and using a prize, each winner acknowledges and assumes all risks of accepting and using the prize, and any other the risks associated with the prize.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc., and each of their subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a entrant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Contest, entrants:
- agree to grant the Station a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of the Contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
- acknowledge that the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that they have the legal right, power and authority to grant to the Station the license provided for herein; own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the Contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, entry, and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Susquehanna Radio LLC, WRRM-FM, 4805 Montgomery Rd. Suite 300, Cincinnati, OH 45212
PRIZE SPONSOR: Wendy’s Restaurants, One Dave Thomas Blvd, Dublin, OH, 43017